Virkkula birdwatching tower is the most popular sight at Liminka Bay – for good reason! The great two-storey birdwatching tower opens a wide view across Liminka Bay. There is a 600-metre duckboard path to the birdwatching tower from the Visitor Centre. The wide duckboard path to the birdwatching tower is accessible on wheelchair and with baby carriages.
The best bird season and specialties:
• from the end of April to the end of September
• there is forelight toward the water area almost all day
• best place to detect black-tailed godwit
• the east-side grazing area is home to curlews, sandpipers and ruffs
• large gatherings of waterbirds in autumns due to the sanctuary
Rantakurvi 6, 91900 Liminka